Corona Virus Policy
For Your Protection and Ours
The CDC, OSHA, and NJCDS are recommending limiting close contact to those who may be infected with Covid-19. It is also suggested that delivery or service personnel not enter occupied residential units. Personal protective equipment and disinfectants are becoming less available, and it has become necessary to limit the risk of transmitting this virus.
At this time, our company must take precautionary, proactive, and protective measures to do everything in our power to prevent this virus from spreading. MHD and its service personnel will not be able to deliver materials into occupied units. We will be able bring product near units or into storage areas, but it will be the site staff’s responsibility to place product into occupied apartments.
Due to the severity and the uncertainty of how Covid-19 is transmitted, we must make the health and wellbeing of everyone involved our priority. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Dear Customers, April 2, 2020
It is important we keep you updated on where things are with us and how we can continue to support you in this evolving situation.
We are starting to see disruptions in our supply chain that will affect our inventory of appliances and ability to manufacture some specific cabinet colors. This is due to measures being put in place by governments as well as the need to temporarily shut down for sanitization purposes. Some of our appliance and raw material suppliers are being affected by the virus where they are needing to temporarily shut down locations.
Our operations team is working daily to secure inventory for our customers’ needs. If storage is possible, we are recommending customers keep a two supply of appliances for their communities. It is being predicted that over the next 2–3 weeks the virus will likely spike and cause additional supply chain disruptions in an already volatile situation.
Furthermore, we wanted to share some of what we are doing at MHD to keep our employees safe so that we can keep operating to our fullest capacity.
- Currently, 100% of the employees that can work from home were set up this way to help with social distancing measures. For those that are still in the office, they were given sanitizing spray and hand sanitizer. Much of our work and interaction is being done remotely using Microsoft Teams.
- For our drivers, production workers and any staff who want them, we have also just purchased face shields that will protect their entire face. These will be used in conjunction with the face mask to ensure better coverage and protection.
- Each department was given sanitizing spray and hand sanitizer for their employees. Every workstation is getting sanitized multiple times throughout the day. Each employee is given gloves and a medical grade mask daily.
Sales & Field Representatives
- Our Territory Sales Managers and other field personnel are maintaining the social distancing recommendations of six feet. They were provided with masks made by George Cowden’s wife, Beth Ann, to wear when there is a need to go out in the field.
- They are also being supplied with hand sanitizer and rubber gloves.
- All Sales Meetings have been done remotely through Microsoft Teams as to keep people home as much as possible.
- The Sales and Project departments have been conducting Customer Meetings via Zoom and hope to do more of this so we can all do our part to social distance.
- Interviews with New Sales Candidates are being conducted through Zoom.
- They are contacting all their customers to see how we can assist them in anyway.
- In addition to the early safety precautions we set in place for delivering, they have also been provided gloves, hand sanitizer to use as needed and medical grade face masks They are sanitizing their trucks and equipment multiple times throughout the day.
MHD is here to help you and your communities, doing what we can every day to operate safely. Please let us know if there is something you are struggling to get or how we can help. Our customer service and sales teams are standing by to assist.