We wanted to get to know our new employees and share with our customers so they can get to know the MHD family better. We asked them a few questions and here is what they had to say.
- Favorite place to vacation?
- If you could eat one meal the rest of your life, what it would be?
- Person who inspires you the most and why?
- Favorite hobby?
- What are you most excited about in your new role at MHD? Or what is your favorite thing about working at MHD?
Michael Melendez — Territory Sales Manager
- Favorite place to vacation is anywhere that’s warm with a beach! Or Disney!
- Pizza without any doubt in my mind.
- Both my mom and my dad. They have had many obstacles and difficult times in life and have never once given up or let it get the best of them. Their resilience and adaptability to any situation is inspiring and had a significant impact on who I am as a person right now and will continue to shape and mold the person I am going to be in 5, 10, 20 years.
- My favorite hobby is weightlifting and playing video games.
- I am most excited about continuing to learn more about the industry and connecting with the people involved in it. From the beginning, I have been out of comfort zone but as the days pass by, I meet and build relationships with more people, I gain more confidence, and most importantly I gain more knowledge that will help me get to where I need to be.
Michael Lipinski — Territory Sales Manager
- Brigantine, NJ
- That’s easy! King of Pizza, Cherry Hill, NJ, shredded sausage pizza & a coke.
- My mother. Our family was thrown a curveball with the untimely death of my father. My mother had to leave her job as a nurse and step into run a business and raise four children. In the 23-years since she has run a successful business, put multiple kids through college, and is a grandparent to four grandchildren. She could’ve crumbled at the pressure but didn’t and that sticks with me every day.
- Podcasting…and for the cheap plug give Section 247 Podcast a listen!
- It’s been a year since I’ve come on board at MHD and the thing that has excited me the most is the “all in” attitude of the company. The level of commitment to the industry, serving in the various associations and presence at events, is top-notch and can’t be touched by anyone else.
Zach Speers — Territory Sales Manager
- Clearwater Beach FL. I’ve just spent 2+ years living in Tampa Bay and the beaches are spectacular. Plenty of nightlife or quiet spots for anything you’re looking to do and a great food scene.
- Tacos. It’s a close call with pizza but there’s just way more options for tacos including breakfast tacos so that’s the one for me.
- My dad. The older I get the more I realize some of the things he taught me actually do make sense. I’ve learned more from him than anyone and continue to learn each day
- Brewing beer. I’ve taken most of the last 2 years off while living in Florida but I love the process and constantly having new challenges
- Learning a new industry and helping to grow myself and a great company.
Bill Marone — Accounting Manager
- Anywhere with a beach! Family vacations with wife and kids we typically go to LBI.
- Filet Mignon
- Father because of his work ethic and strength of character, especially when facing difficulty.
- Any kind of puzzle (crossword, jigsaw, brain teasers, etc.)
- Like the family atmosphere/culture and the variety of different projects/assignments involved in my role.